– Email email@example.com or message the Magnus Music Facebook page with your booking inquiry.
– Venues have certain expectations for genres, full bands vs. soloists, etc. Please review these and make sure your act falls into the necessary categories prior to requesting to be booked at a particular venue:
– The Whiskey Jar: Full bands or Trios, drums and high energy for Fridays and Saturdays. Accepted genres are folk, bluegrass, americana, blues, jazz, country, rockabilly, rock and some jam, the stuff that’s got bluegrass off-shoots. Must bring PA, must have 2.5 hours of material (covers and originals are both welcome), must be high energy.
– Rapture: Rapture has a variety of live music and DJs, however we are primarily responsible for booking the late night Wednesday Charlottesville Music Showcase. CMS bands must be high energy, and we’re usually looking for funk, rock, jam, EDM, jazz fusion, and reggae, or bands that appeal to fans of those genres. Covers are coolio. All CMS shows require 2.5 hours of material. The house provides pro PA and sound rig. All you’ve got to bring are your instruments and your amps and of course your “A” Game lls.
– Send us links to your YouTube, Bandcamp, Facebook, and any other social media you think we need to see. Definitely include at least one place to actually listen to your music.
– Include a *short* bio in your email. Genres are important, as are “sounds like”/”for fans of” type descriptions. No life stories or large works of speculative fiction please. Keep your NaNoWriMo submissions to yourself.
– If you’re a touring act, send us your target dates, or at least a general timeframe you want to be booked in.
– Send us hi-res promo material, tour ad mat, etc. after confirming a date.